The mission of FPE is to provide leadership in evolving and growing the ergonomics profession; bridge gaps between research, education and practice; and promote professionalism in ergonomics practice; all for the benefit of the public.
SHORT TERM GOALS
- Establish scholarships for deserving students.
- Continue with the Dieter W. Jahns Student Practitioner Award for graduate students (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Ergonomics and Ergonomics-related programs.
- Develop timely webinars on professional issues and technical topics. FPE, in conjunction with the BCPE and the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES), will contact and collaborate with the established leaders of ergonomics and related professions to develop quality content and provide professional delivery.
- Continue collaboration with Ergonomists Without Borders (EWB) to provide ergonomics expertise and resources to agriculturally and industrially developing communities, globally.
STRATEGY FOR 2013
- Leadership in evolving the profession – providing professionals, students, and non-ergonomists with a practical, easy to understand description with examples of what it means to be an ergonomics professional.
- Leadership in growing the profession – developing guidelines and templates for mentoring students/interns in both research based and practice oriented companies; provide information on-line for others to use with interns from local colleges.
- Bridge gaps between research and practice – promoting and awarding annual ergonomics scholarships emphasizing the importance of ergonomics and how specific project results are used to demonstrate the importance and benefits of ergonomics.
- Bridge gaps between education and practice – developing and promoting ergonomics webinars, one-hour training blocks on the major elements of ergonomics: Analysis, Design, and Test & Evaluation.
- Promote professionalism in ergonomics practice – working and coordinating with Engineers without Borders on a joint project that demonstrates the importance of ergonomics in engineering; provide photos and narratives on the experience via FPE web site.